EZ-FLO offers customers a product warranty that exceeds industry standards.
However it is important to understand the limitations of our warranty. Proper installation is necessary to ensure that our units will function properly. Failure to follow the installation and operating instructions does not give rise to a warranty claim.
The EZ-FLO Warranty
EZ-FLO Systems, Inc, (EZ-FLO) as seller, provides a limited warranty to customer against defects in material or workmanship of our automatic fertilizing systems (fertigation units) and other components or parts (collectively the “Products”) manufactured or assembled by EZ-FLO. EZ-FLO does not warrant Products from damage caused by rough handling or improper installation, operation or use not in accordance with printed instructions. EZ-FLO also does not warrant any results, or lack thereof, from any fertilizers and supplements used in the fertigation units.
EZ-FLO’s warranty is limited to the purchase price paid by the Purchaser and in no way is EZ-FLO responsible for other costs. EZ-FLO also excludes for itself and its distributors and suppliers any liability, whether based in tort or in negligence, for damage to turfgrass, plants or landscape materials, for damages to buildings or other structures or for any costs due to business interruption. EZ-FLO limits its liability to repair, replacement or refund of the purchase price paid, at EZ-FLO’s sole option, where allowed by law.
See other limitations listed below.
EZ-FLO provides different warranty periods for different Products. The date the warranty begins based on the date of purchase by the end user.
Main-line Products and Connection Parts
These items are more fully described on the Main-Line Products and the Parts and Accessories pages of this website. Unless otherwise noted, EZ-FLO warrants all manufactured items in these Product classes for a five (5) year period from date of purchase by the end user.
Hose and Drip Products
These items are more fully described on the Hose and Drip page of this website. Unless otherwise noted, EZ-FLO warrants all manufactured items in this Product class for a one (1) year period from date of purchase by the end user.
Warranty Claim Process
If your EZ-FLO Product(s) shows alleged defects in material or workmanship, please call our toll free phone number at (866) 393-5601 (Mon – Fri 8am to 4pm PST). We will fax or e-mail you an EZ-FLO Warranty Claim Form for you to complete prior to discussing the potential defect or issue.
Once the warranty Claim Form and requested supporting documentation has been provided, EZ-FLO will contact you within three (3) business days. Based on the results of our inspection and we will either replace the Product, offer a credit or provide an explanation as to why it does not qualify under our warranty policy.
*A replacement may not be shipped or a credit processed until the defective item is returned and examined by EZ-FLO.
Further Limitation of Liability
Other General Limitations
- EZ-FLO’s Products operate under water pressure. Excess water pressure (see model limits below) can cause fertigation units to fail and customer is responsible for selecting the type of fertigation unit most suitable for the customer’s application. High temperature environments (where summer temperatures exceed 100° F (38° C) ) in combination with high water pressures may also cause PVC plastics to weaken and the Products to fail. Permanently installed fertigation units should be located in a valve box or other suitable location out of direct sunlight to minimize risk of failure from excessive heat and from the degrading effects of ultraviolet radiation. EZ-FLO Products should not be installed indoors unless there are adequate drainage systems in place in the unlikely event that there are leaks or failure from the Products. All air must be purged from the unit after refill. Air pockets remaining in the unit may damage the structural integrity of the tank if they are not removed prior to re-pressurizing the unit.
- EZ-FLO Products are designed to work with non-hazardous liquid and water-soluble fertilizers and other non-hazardous products. Use of any other substances in the system will void the warranty. High acid content fertilizers and supplements may dramatically accelerate the deterioration of stainless steel components within the unit. Deterioration caused by the use of high acid containing fertilizers not manufactured by EZ-FLO or under the FERTI-MAXX brand will not be covered under this warranty policy. Please call us in advance if you suspect that a fertilizer or supplement is highly acidic. EZ-FLO sells replacement pressure relief valves should a customer need a replacement.
- There are many components on EZ-FLO fertigation units that can crack and/or break if the fertigation unit is handled roughly. EZ-FLO does not warranty Products that have been dropped, abused or damaged in-transit.
- Failure to follow the proper winterizing procedures may void this Warranty. The hydraulic effect of freezing water may crack glue joints, fracture the tank or proportioning cap or seriously weaken critical components of any water-containing vessel. In addition, when irrigation systems are “blown out” with compressed air, the system must be drained and isolated from the effect of compressed air since this may also cause failure of the tank glue joints or other components.
- EZ-FLO fertigation units may not operate at the stated operating or proportioning levels due to improper installation or the absence of sufficient differential pressure between the inlet and outlet connections. Excessive bends, tees and elbows in the irrigation system and the use of volume reducers, except those specified by EZ-FLO, may cause the unit not to flow properly. This is not a warranty problem but an installation problem. EZ-FLO should be contacted directly to assist in troubleshooting specific problems with any system.
- The use of incompatible or poor quality products with the system may inhibit its ability to function and/or perform as stated in our published literature and instruction guides. The use of such products do not substantiate a warranty claim and will not be justification for a claim of non-performance or failure. EZ-FLO does warrent that is products, directly manufactured or reccomened for use by EZ-FLO, will function with the inejction system. If a question about an application or product arsies, please contact EZ-FLO directly prior to using the product int the injector.
Main Line Units-Specific Limitations
- EZ-FLO main-line systems (Models: EZ001-CX, EZ003-CX, EZ005-FX, EZ010-FX, EZ010-HC, EZ017-HC, and EZ025-HC) are designed to handle constant (static) pressures of up to 80 PSI (5.5 bars) and can withstand temporary pressure surges due to “water hammer” up to 150 PSI (10 bars). Any unit that is determined to have failed due to excessive static water pressure will not be covered by this Warranty.
Hose and Drip Units-Specific Limitations
- EZ-FLO hose and drip systems (Models: 2005 & 2020) will split at the tank seam if subjected to constant (static) pressure. Hose and drip units are not designed to contain static (continued) pressure while idle. Please make sure that all water pressure is relieved from the system by relieving the pressure on the hose or sprinkler unit when not in use. In addition, a hose and drip unit subjected to operating pressures above 50 PSI (3.4 bars) will not be covered by this Warranty.
- EZ-FLO hose and drip systems (Model: 1010-HB) will fracture tank seam if subjected to constant water hammer and may not be installed into an irrigation mainline before zone valves. The 1000 series injectors may be installed before a garden hose bib timer where water hammer is not present. Please make sure that all water pressure is relieved from the system by relieving the pressure on the hose or sprinkler unit when not in use. In addition, a 1000 series hose and drip unit subjected to operating pressures above 80 PSI (5.1 bars) will not be covered by this Warranty.